MARCH BREAK 2022 ART CAMP
Also please send the registration form to Artatvortexstudio@gmail.com you will see it in the “forms” section of the website
Please give us a call if you have any questions at all! 416 629 6504 – Stella
March Break Art Camp:
February 28-March 4 2022
9:00-3:00pm – Before and after care available for $15 per hour
$350 for the week +$7 service fee
3 days $235- Monday-Wednesday only
2 days $170- Thursday & Friday only
Group size 10 maximum
-Location: Vortex Art Studio front and back studio rooms
-903 River Side Drive, Wakefield Quebec.
www.vortexstudio.ca FB & Instagram: @vortexstudio
Activities for the week include – Painting and drawing,
soft arts and crafts, wet ’n messy fun arts & crafts, 3D art based crafts,
mixed media drawing & painting & collage.
We will also spend time playing outside in the backyard and going for walks if the weather is accommodating.
-During our March Break Art Camp, children learn a wide variety of creative skills and leave with a true understanding of art making and the creative process.
– We require all students of all ages to wear a mask at all times inside when not eating and drinking.
-Any person over 13 must show a vaccination passport.
-Our group will be considered a cohort however we will social distance at the tables (this is also ideal for art making as you need lots of space)
-All staff have vaccination passports, First-aid training and clean criminal records.
-We will be following all WQSB covid-19 guidleines regarding isolation. If you have been exposed to Covid-19, please review – click here to view
-Vortex Studio requires you to stay home if you or anyone in your household is positive or awaiting test results for covid 19.
- -If you or anyone in your household tests positive for covid 19 or you are awaiting PCR test results we can offer you a $50 Vortex Studio store gift card towards each day missed. This can be put towards art kits picked up on the Vortex porch and worked on at home. Unfortunately we can not offer a refund at this time. We must have 24 hours notice and/or supporting documentation.
- -If Vortex Studio is shut down due to a government mandated covid 19 closure, OR a Vortex Studio exposure we can offer you a 70% refund or a credit and advanced booking for summer camp.
- Non covid related cancellation:
- -We offer 100% refund 3 weeks before start date. 70% 14 days before camp start date. 50% 7 days before start date. *-Same week of camp we are unable to offer any refunds on missed days.
- a full week of camp may be transferred to another camper with advanced notice and organized by parents. Under no circumstances can single days be transferred.
General Vortex Camp Info & what to bring
-Our days are 9:00am-3:00pm (before and after care available on request for a fee)
-Location: Vortex Art Studio front and back studio
-903 River Side Drive, Wakefield Quebec. (Beside the Brunet Pharmacy in the village)
-All Camp instructions are given in English. Please let us know if you require bilingual assistance ahead of time and we will do our very best to accommodate.
-Please note we have 2 cats Leo & Birdy, a small hypoallergenic poodle Dolly. – let us know if there are cat allergies beforehand.
–> PLEASE NOTE: –> We must have a signed registration/ emergency contact form to hold a space at camp. You can find it under forms on the website. CLICK HERE TO VIEW‘
What to bring to camp:
- 3 masks inc ase one gets wet or dirty
-A sketch book if they have one to record their ideas and visual notes. If not we have lots of paper.
– CLOTHING THEY CAN GET MESSY! Paint will ALWAYS finds its way to nice clothing.. always better to be safe. Please note we DO use acrylic paint and it Does NOT come off clothing.
– A full extra set of clothing in case something gets wet
-Slippers or indoor shoes
-2 snacks for break time
-A water bottle
– Outdoor clothing such as hat, gloves, snow pants, snow apparel. A BAG TO PUT IT IN- so it does not get lost with other kids’ stuff!
- Optional – A toy or book to play with at lunch time or if in after or before care.
-Optional – Headphones/earplugs to block sound or a personal headphone music devices such as an iPod to aid in personal focusing if you think it would be beneficial (Note we will not be giving access to wifi.)
-We will also not tolerate devices being used as a toy or games being played. Devices used as a negative distraction will be taken away for the day and returned at home time. It is a focusing tool only.
For more info and other art workshops please go to http://www.vortexstudio.ca/
Space is limited so we must receive payment to hold a space.
To sign up please email firstname.lastname@example.org
416 629 6504
On FB Vortex Art Studio
Side note- Please be mindful we are using acrylic paint and although each guest is given an apron we do suggest you wear something you wouldn’t mind getting a little messy