- September 5th- Fine art & mixed media.
- September 6th – Craft based arts for your home.
- Time: 9:00-3:00pm
- Location: Vortex Studio – 903 river side drive, Wakefield Qc – Backyard
- 416 629 6504
- $120 per day all supplies and tax included.
- To RSVP please send email with your desired date & EMT to firstname.lastname@example.org password- vortex Unfortunately we can only hold spots that are paid for in full
We are offering two different days of creativity! Camp is $120 per day all art supplies and tax included. Please bring a lunch, snacks and a sketch book.
September 5th- Fine art and mixed media
- 9:30am-Take turns in conjunction with project 2, Acrylic squirt gun and spray paint on paper – to make coloured paper for collage.
- Project 2- 9:10am – Start image transfer on wood panel with silver leaf or acrylic paint. Step by step
- 10.30am – Coffee/ tea break
- 10:50am – Watercolour flower painted photograph with mixed media on rag paper.
- 12:30pm – lunch
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm-
- Collage with painted paper,
- Watercolour, pastel, paint marker, molding paste, mixed media artwork
- Postcard painted photograph with acrylic
Please note, if you are more interested in one project above and would like to focus on this one more please let us know and we will arrange for it to be a larger paper or canvas. As to have time to work on multiple things most projects will be smaller in scale. We encourage you to bring a sketchbook to take notes about the art supplies. -Goal of workshop. To Gain an understanding of the use of different mixed media supplies and how they are used on different paper, canvas or wood. Use different forms of photo based transfers and applications.
September 6th- Craft based art for your home!
- 9:00-10:30am – Cement flower post, Patio stones for your garden & leaf bowl.
- 10:30am Coffee break
- 10:50am Complete 2-3 projects depending on how long the project takes.
Choice of: please choose 2-3 projects below
- Wind chimes with glass beads, feathers, porcelain bottoms and wood top.
- A Beaded banner with painted wooden triangles, pompoms and tassels.
- Painted Barn board sign or painting – longer project.
- 16×20 canvas Acrylic freestyle painting
- 16×20 canvas Monogram painting with stencils
- Watercolour agent paintings 4 minis and 1 11×14 on watercolour paper
- Watercolour lampshade
- Mobile/ hanging artwork with beads, feathers, ribbons, wood rounds, and moments from home.
- Birch round floating shelf with beads and watercolour paint.
- Children growth chart. – this is a long project
*Please let us know when registering what projects you would like to do so we can have them ready for you. Once you have registered you will not be able to change your project.
-Cancellation policy. We are happy to issue full refunds 2 weeks before camp start date. After that we are happy to transfer your ticket to someone else that you arrange. But we can not issue any refunds. If we have to shut down because of regional covid closures we will issue a 50% refund.
- Please bring
- lunch, snacks and water bottle
Covid- All our projects will be done in our large wedding style tents with the sides up to give us open air. We request that if you would like to be seated beside someone you let us know ahead of time as all spots are spaced for social distance 6-8 feet apart unless otherwise requested. We request that you have a mask on until you get to your work area. When you are at your work area you can remove your mask. We do require you to have a mask on when using the washroom in the studio. Each person will have all the art supplies needed to make the projects at their art zone upon coming to camp. If any additional items are needed they will be sanitized before they are given to the camper. We have hand washing stations outside each tent and sanitizer thought each tent to use as needed. Please refrain from coming to camp if you or anyone you have been in contact with shows any signs of covid.
Looking forward to creating with you soon!!
416 629 6504