Vortex Studio is looking for Summer Camp Staff!
Please send resume and cover letter applications to email@example.com subject – JOB application
Vortex Art Studio is currently looking for Art Camp and Fun Camp Counsellors. It’s rare that we add to our team but this year we are ready to add special new leaders! Vortex Art Studio runs a fun and unique art camp fully outside.
We are currently looking for an energetic, responsible, creative, hard working, self starters to join our summer team. We run a unique program so getting to know our applicants so that we can find the right fit is most important. We ask that you send your resume with a quick bio as to why you would like to work with us and some fun info about yourself. We thank everyone in advance for applying. At this time we will only be contacting selected applicants for interviews.
About the job.
- We run art camp! Like really really arty or fun camp not so arty.. With lots of projects and lots of creativity and a fast pace! That being said you do not have to have a degree in art. We just want you to be responsible, creative, able to follow instructions, organized and a great leader with lots of patience, kindness, energy and integrity. Our program is super fun and a little weird.. We run camp fully outside in wedding tents, It’s hot and we get really messy. But the projects are really cool, Our team is amazing and the students are THE BEST! It will be a great summer if you are easy going, driven and up for a good time adventure!
We require applicants to have or willing to get- First aid training, A clean “vulnerable sector” criminal record, benefit if fully bilingual
Information about what we are looking for please reference it when applying:
- We are looking to fill 8-10 full back to back weeks of camp. 35-40 hours a week. 8-4 ish Monday – Friday. With maybe some training and work before and after. Work will be late June- late August 2022. Posable prep and tare down work also available.
- Salary is based on experience and will be talked about during interview. Our range is between $16.50-$21
- Must be over 16 – This is for insurance purposes. Preference will be given to age 16-30 (due to a canada youth grant) however we encourage all ages to apply over 16
- Must have a clean criminal record “vulnerable sector” printed upon request (we can explain how to get this if needed) and updated first aid training (or willing to get it before work starts)
- MUST be ready and happy to work with up to 15 children at time- You will be leading summer camp!
- art camp leader- Must be familiar with fine arts and crafts. must be willing to research projects before hand. Be able to assist when needed and answer questions and help students.
- Must be able to follow the daily outline of arts and crafts projects and familiarise yourself beforehand with a medium if needed.
- Fun camp leader- does not have to have an art background but like crafts and creativaty
- Must be up for playing A LOT of games
- All staff-
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be abel and willing to work in extreme heat. – its summer outside
- Must be up for a fun summer with unique twists and turns and unexpected challenges.
Must have reliable transportation to and from work. Note hours are not always the same due to before and after care.
- Must provide 3 personal and professional references – Will not contact until we set up an interview
Preference is given to bilingual English/ French staff. However we do encourage single langue speakers to apply
The below questions are for general interest please note them when applying
- Do you have experience in the arts? If so let us know and send us 3 examples
- Are you bilingual? Yes___ In what language? _____ No___ I can get by in____
- We have applied for a youth grant would you fall into these age categories? 16-30 years
- of age at the time working at vortex in 2023 – Yes____ No___
- Do you live in the Chelsea, Wakefield, La Pêche area? Yes___ if No____ where_____
Thank you for your interest in Vortex Studio!
We so look forward to meeting you! We encourage you to visit our camp section of our website to learn more about our program.