Vortex Studio is looking for Summer Camp Staff!
Please send applications before April 3rd 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vortex Art Studio is currently looking for an Art Camp Counselor leader. It’s rare that we add to our team but this year we are ready to add a special new leader! Vortex Art Studio runs a fun and unique art camp fully outside.
We are currently looking for an energetic, responsible, creative, hard working, self starter to join our summer team. We run a unique program so getting to know our applicants so that we can find the right fit is most important. We ask that you send your resume with a quick bio as to why you would like to work with us. As well as a short quick video just saying hi showcasing your personality to email@example.com. We thank everyone in advance for applying. At this time we will only be contacting selected applicants for interviews.
About the job.
- We run art camp! Like really really arty or fun camp not so arty.. With lots of projects and lots of creativity and a fast pace! That being said you do not have to have a degree in art. We just want you to be creative, able to follow instructions and a great leader with lots of patience, kindness, energy and integrity. Our program is super fun and a little weird.. We run camp fully outside in wedding tents, It’s hot and we get really messy. But the projects are really cool, Our team is amazing and the students are THE BEST! It will be a great summer if you are easy going, driven and up for a good time adventure!
PLEASE NOTE- We also need you to follow really strict Covid guidelines and safety protocols. This is unique to this year and will not be ideal for everyone. So please take this into consideration before applying. We are also happy to talk about it during an interview. We just want to be upfront and transparent.
Information about what we are looking for please reference it when applying:
- We are looking to fill between 5/6 full back to back weeks of camp. 40 hours a week. 8-4ish Monday – Friday. With maybe some training and work before and after. Work will most likely just be in July and August.
- Salary is based on experience and will be talked about during interview. Please specify if you have an expected hourly salary
- Must be over 16- This is for insurance purposes.
- Must have a clean criminal record
- Must have first aid certification or willing to get it before camp starts
- MUST be ready and happy to work with up to 12 children at time- You will be leading summer camp!
- Must be familiar with fine arts and crafts. Be able to assist when needed and answer questions and help students.
- Must be able to follow the daily outline of arts and crafts projects and familiarise yourself beforehand with a medium if needed.
- Must be up for a fun summer with unique twists and turns and unexpected challenges.
- Must provide 5 personal and professional references – Will not contact until we set up an interview
- Do you have experience in the arts? If so let us know and send us 3 examples
- Are you bilingual? Yes___ In what language? _____ No___ I can get by in____
- *Please answer but it might not be mandatory for the job- We have applied for a youth grant would you fall into these age categories? 16-30 years of age at the time working at vortex in 2021 – Yes____ No___
- Do you live in the Chelsea, Wakefield, La Pêche area? Yes___ if No____ where_____
- PLEASE NOTE: Because of Covid 19 we will be making the below an element of working for us this summer. We know its not ideal. Please understand it is to limit the spread and exposure as much as possible as we have lots of families that rely on us for safe childcare so they can go to work. Please only apply if you are ready to agree to the following:
- We require that you strongly limit travel outside of region other than ottawa area or have houseguests from out of region during your time working at camp. (We know this is not ideal, but it is because of Covid) For example please no group camping trips on weekends or friends coming from away to stay at your home over the summer. Please see the Camp guidelines and information 2021 to help better understand. We can also definitely talk about this further.
- Ideally you would not have another public facing job during camp as we are trying to keep Covid exposure limited for our campers.
Thank you for your interest in Vortex Studio! We so look forward to meeting you! We encourage you to visit our camp section of our website to learn more about our program.