Holiday Winter break art camp
Location- Vortex studio 903 River side drive Wakefield
- Cost -$360 per week or $75 per day All supplies included
- Age 5-12 – We make sure that each child is accommodated with projects that are age appropriate and challenge them within there skill level.
- Language – Camp runs in English but we have bilingual staff so please email us and let us know you would like a bilingual staff
- Before and after care available for a extra fee.
- All booking is done via Square online payment- please click here to book
- Each day will have new and exciting art projects to focus on
Monday January 2- 3D arts and crafts –
Today’s theme is bringing the artwork off the page and into the 3D! Students will work with clay, plasticine, We will make mankets and more
Tuesday January 3 Age 6+ – Soft cuddly crafts and handwork with holiday movie PJ party-
Have you ever wanted to curl up in a blanket and sew and bead as you watch your favorite holiday movie? That’s what this day of camp is all about, Stuffy making, banner beading, embroidery everything will most likely done cozied up on the ground as we watch a holiday movie as that’s how you work best when doing hand work. PS it’s a pj party!
Wednesday January 4rd – Drawing, Painting and mixed media- Come use all the supplies!
Today is a day to get familiar with lots of art supplies! Watercolour paint, Watercolour pastels, Paint markers pastels, acrylic, print making and much more. Make sure to come in messy clothing because today you will need it.
Thursday January 5th – Painting party-
Today we paint a lot! students will work on paper and canvas getting a full understanding of what all the different kinds of paint do. We will be doing step by step paintings, free style and abstract with a little spray paint. It will be sure to bring out all of the creativity.
Friday January 6th – Messy, glitter, glue gun day! Fun bedroom crafts-
Do your children love the glue gun? Most do! and today its on all day, We will be decorating fun useful decore items to jazz up a cool bedroom such as picture frames, white boards, lights and more. This is a great workshop for the kids that just LOVE crafting with all kinds of stuff that makes a mess at home.
Things to note:
Note- We don’t have an exact lesson plan to share for each day yet as it will strongly depend on the students that sign up, age range and preferences they have for projects. Our corses are fluid and as we are such a small community Stella knows most of her students and dose programming based on them.
**Please make sure to dress in messy clothing as paint gets everywhere! And because of Covid 19 we are not providing smocks.
Note* This is ART camp and we spend 90% of the day creating. We don’t tend to spend a lot of time outside as its very cold and frankly our super duper creative kiddos just want to keep making!
-Please pack a lunch and snacks
–Provincial Covid 19 protocols will be in place. Children/youth will be required to follow the quebec guidelines in place at the time of camp. Vortex Studio will provide all students with personal art supplies to use during camp. All our staff and volunteers are double vaccinated. Children will be sharing tables. Vortex Studio takes Helth and safety VERY seriously please see our camp health and safety information for a more detailed outline.
Vortex Studio – What to bring to camp and information Packet 2022/2023
Thank you so much for your interest in Vortex Studio Camp. We apologize that it is so long but we would like to ensure that everyone is on the same page in such a unique time. This is our way of keeping your children and our staff safe.
Please see info below about
- Camp hours,location, contact info..
- What to bring to camp,
- Camp rules,
- Pick up and drop off
- Art pick up
Location:Vortex Studio – 903 River Side Drive – In studio
Before and after care: available for a fee – Start time 7:30am – 5:00pm
Cost- $360 per week or $75 per day Supplies included – Note we do not issue R24 forms
Number of Groups on grounds: 1
Camp age– 5-12
Child to counselor ratio– 1-10
- Contact info– email@example.com
- call 416 629 6504 http://www.vortexstudio.ca
- FB & instagram: @vortexstudio —> Want to see what we are doing at camp during the
- Follow our stories on instagram to see all our cool projects @vortexstudio
When booking camp we will require that you fill out
- -A child emergency contact form- see link on website please email it to us ASAP
- -A before and after care form if needed– will note if you need it or will not need care for the week of camp. emailed
- -Child pick up form if relevant emailed
We must have your signed “Registration form” to hold a spot
- within 48 hours of booking.
- This form must be filled out with all your child’s information so we can review it and file it before camp starts.
Pick up and drop off:
- We will have a pick up and drop off at the front door of Vortex Studio outside. We ask that parents do not come inside as its a tight space.
- We ask that you wait in a line when picking up your child to not overcrowd the entrance area. Your child’s name will be given to the JR counselor and she/he will notify our staff who is to come and meet their parents.
- Drop off in the morning will be between 8:55 and 9:10.
- PLEASE do not drop off your child before 8:55am unless you have before care scheduled. We will not have staff ready to care for your child before this time.
- If you require before care this can be arranged for a fee and we request that you set it up beforehand.
- First day of drop off we will require a parent or guardian to sign off on:
- PLEASE ALLOW TIME TO FILL THIS OUT. We will be ready to receive family at 8:50 the first morning.
- A form that says they understand and agree to all of the below statements:
- We agree and understand to be true
- – that no one in our household is showing any Covid 19 symptoms or has been in contact with anyone that has Covid 19 or is showing symptoms.
- -That before and after care is not needed. Or if so, it’s already been set up.
- -That we are able to have close contact with your child in the case of an emergency
- -That we will monitor the child’s temperature if needed and symptoms throughout the day and the child will be sent home if any Covid symptoms arise. (Our thermometer is contactless)
- -There is a medical release form filled out if there is any medication to be administered during camp such as an epi pen for allergies.
- – If a non parent or guardian is picking up you’re child they must have photo ID and you must let us know beforehand.
Please DO NOT park infront of the studio door as families need to come in and out. Please drive slowly in the parking lot as children and animals might be present. Please note that the driveway might be icyey.
Vortex Camp Rules and guidelines
Vortex takes safety and respect very seriously. Please go over the rules with your child before attending camp.
- Respect of yourself, our staff, the studio, the art supplies
- Safety – Never put yourself or others in harm’s way, do not:
- Run with scissors
- Aimlessly wander around the studio tent space
- Play by the pond
- Kick on the swings
- Play by the road or leave the camp area
- Squirt others with paint
- Do something continuously after another camper or staff requests that you stop
- Be disrespectful with others in any way.
- You MUST stay in the camp zone at all times unless you are being picked up or dropped off by a guardian. Or unless the group with team leaders is with you. We will not tolerate children leaving the space unattended or hiding. 2 strikes and we will have to send them home for the day.
- ● Children MUST respect social distancing rules at all times
- ● Cleaning. Always clean up after yourself after you are done a project. Leaving the space as you found it. You must clean up all of your food garbage
- ● Inside Voices. Always be respectful of others. We must use inside voices when we are in the tent. No yelling please. When asking a question or making a comment please raise your hand.
- *Always eat in view of a buddy. You must always be sitting when eating so as to not choke.
- ● Keeping our hands to ourselves. – Never hit, push or be unkind to ourselves or others
- Pets. Please do not pick up or touch the pets.
- ● Closed toe shoes must be on your feet at all times. If you are in “Fun camp” we encourage high socks because of ticks as we will be in the woods.
- -> Vortex now has a 3 strikes policy before a child will be sent home. If we do see unkind or disrespectful behaviour we will notify parents. If a child is sent home for the day we do not issue a refund.
- ● first time – though email
- ● second time – phone call
- ● third to pick up the child for the day.
★ This is to ensure a positive and safe environment for all our campers, animals and staff
Mask and Cover 19 guidelines
- We will comply with the government mandate that is relevant at the time. Stella will most likley have a mask on as she has a new baby.
What to bring to camp: PLEASE PACK EVERYTHING ON LIST
– CLOTHING THEY CAN GET MESSY! Paint and dirst ALWAYS finds its way to nice clothing. Please note we do use acrylic paint and it DOESN’T come off clothing.
An extra set of clothing in case something gets wet or dirty
Slippers or indoor shoes. we wont have boots on in the studio as its to wet.
At least 2 – Snacks for break time – Note we will not be able to help children open food or heat it up please make sure they can open containers and packages.
A water bottle!!!
Outdoor appropriate clothing!
Hat, snow pants, gloves, scarf
Optional – Noise cancelling headphones or a personal headphone music device such as an iPod to aid in personal focusing if you think it would be beneficial (Note we will not be giving access to wifi. We will also not tolerate devices being used as a toy or games being played. Devices used as a negative distraction will be taken away for the day and returned at home time. It is a focusing tool only.
- Up to 5 small personal calming items in a bag for quiet time such as a book, sketchbook, IQ game, dolly, toy, polly pocket ect.. This is what they will have access to when we have relaxation time on the blanket. These items will never be shared with other campers and must be cleaned up by the owner.
- After care children should bring items to play with at this time as we do not do art projects facilitated by staff.
Thank you so much for reviewing all the information. – The Vortex Team
Covid 19 and Refunds
Refund policy unrelated to Covid government shut downs If no government-mandated Covid shutdowns or restrictions occur.
- The following refund policy will apply and apply as long as there are no Covid related shutdowns
- Cancellations: We will be offering 100% refunds minus the booking fee up to 4 weeks before camp.
- 3 weeks before camp we can offer a 75% refund. Any time after 7 days before camp we are unable to offer a refund or credit.
If we have a government issued shut down we will offer a full credit on a gift card for later use.
If a child is unable to attend camp due to sickness or Covid or RSV in the house we can offer art kits for the days that are missed Or a 60% gift card for the missed corse.
We kindly request that you do not send sick children to camp. If they are showing any signs of Covid 19, flu or RSV you
Please call us with any questions at all prior to booking. Please refrain from emailing questions. Stella- 416 629 6504
Before and After Camp Child Care.
- Before and after Camp Child Care will be available but MUST be booked ahead of time.There will absolutely be no staff present to watch a child unless booked ahead of time unless it is an emergency.
- Before and After care is $15/hour PER Child and must be booked TWO WEEKS before their care date. You must pay for the full hour regardless if you pick up halfway through.
- Before Care is available starting at 7:30am
- After Care is available until 5:30 pm
- -> If booking Emergency Care (same week) of camp it’s $20/hour per child (we cannot guarantee this will be available as groups cannot be mixed because of covid regulations and staffing is extremely limited and is not guaranteed).
- If childcare is needed same day without notice it is $25 an hour. We will consider this emergency care.