Booking will be done via Square online booking goes live November 17th at 7:00pm please see here for link
or if Interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the mailing list!
Holiday Winter break art camp
Location- Vortex studio
- Cost -$163 for two days + $7 booking fee (no single day booking at this time) All supplies included
-Teacher – Stella
-10 children max
-Age 5-12 – We make sure that each child is accommodated with projects that are age appropriate and challenge them within there skill level.
Language – Camp runs in English but we have bilingual staff so please email us and let us know you would like a bilingual staff.
- Covid 19 protocols in place, see below for more info
Dates: Must book 2 days at a time as listed below
December 30 & 31st 2021
January 4 & 5th 2022
January 6 & 7th 2022
Come spend the holidays with Vortex! We are opening up our cozy studio for winter epic art camp!
For the first time in almost 2 years Owner Stella will be running and teaching camp inside. Our studio has had a fun and cozy facelift and we are so excited to start creating again with you all.
We will focus on:
one day – Down and dirty visual art – drawing, painting, mixed media, 2D art etc..
One day- More craft based 3d projects.
- Each student will have there own supplies to use at camp like during the summer. Caddies will not be shared because of Covid.
- Students will be sharing tables.
Things to note:
NOTE* if you are booking more then 2 days of camp each day is different projects! We always make sure everyone has something they are excited to make.
There is something for everyone and as we are such a small group a wonderful time to really get some one on one instruction!
Note- We don’t have an exact lesson plan to share for each day yet as it will strongly depend on the students that sign up, age range and preferences they have for projects. Our corses are fluid and as we are such a small community Stella knows most of her students and dose programming based on them.
**Please make sure to dress in messy clothing as paint gets everywhere! And because of Covid 19 we are not providing smocks.
Note* This is ART camp and we spend 90% of the day creating. We don’t tend to spend a lot of time outside as its very cold and frankly our super duper creative kiddos just want to keep making!
-Please pack a lunch and snacks
–Provincial Covid 19 protocols will be in place. Children/youth will be required to ware a mask when not eating or drinking. Children over 12 will need proof of vaccine. As per the QC government mandate. Vortex Studio will provide all students with personal art supplies to use during camp. All our staff and volunteers are double vaccinated. Children will be sharing tables. Vortex Studio takes Helth and safety VERY seriously please see our camp health and safety information for a more detailed outline.
Vortex Studio – What to bring to camp and information Packet 2021
Thank you so much for your interest in Vortex Studio Camp. We apologize that it is so long but we would like to ensure that everyone is on the same page in such a unique time. This is our way of keeping your children and our staff safe.
Please see info below about
- Camp hours,location, contact info..
- What to bring to camp,
- Camp rules,
- Pick up and drop off
- Art pick up
Location:Vortex Studio – 903 River Side Drive – In studio
Before and after care: available for a fee – Start time 7:30am – 5:00pm
Cost- $163 per child- Plus $7 online booking service fee. Supplies included – Note we do not issue R24 forms
Number of Groups on grounds: 1
Camp age– 5-12
Child to counselor ratio– 1-10
- Contact info– email@example.com
- call 416 629 6504 http://www.vortexstudio.ca
- FB & instagram: @vortexstudio —> Want to see what we are doing at camp during the
- Follow our stories on instagram to see all our cool projects @vortexstudio
When booking camp we will require that you fill out
- -A child emergency contact form- see link on website please email it to us ASAP
- -A form that says you agree to the new guidelines below. – seen when you do digital booking
- -A before and after care form – will note if you need it or will not need care for the week of camp. emailed
- -Child pick up form if relevant emailed
We must have your signed “Registration form” and “Guidelines form” to hold a spot
- within 48 hours of booking.
- This form must be filled out with all your child’s information so we can review it and file it before camp starts.
- We also require that you have read, understand and agree to follow all of Vortex Studios covid 19 guidelines.
- We will also have a covid checklist that must be signed off in the morning at drop off.
Pick up and drop off:
- We will have a pick up and drop off at the front door of Vortex Studio outside. We ask that parents do not come inside as its a tight space.
- We ask that you wait in a socially distanced line when picking up your child to not overcrowd the entrance area.Please have a mask on at this time. Your child’s name will be given to the JR counselor and she/he will notify our staff who is to come and meet their parents.
- Unfortunately at this time we can not have anyone other than the campers and staff in our camp “zone”. All artwork will be carried by the child or left in the “child’s art zone” under or near the car port where it has been sanitized and is ready to go home. – Most projects will go home the second day of camp.
- Drop off in the morning will be between 8:55 and 9:10.
- PLEASE do not drop off your child before 8:55am unless you have before care scheduled. We will not have staff ready to care for your child before this time.
- Please have child and parent in a mask. Again we ask that no parents come past the entrance as all people over 12 will need to show a Covid Passport
- If you require before care this can be arranged for a fee and we request that you set it up beforehand.
- First day of drop off we will require a parent or guardian to sign off on:
PLEASE ALLOW TIME TO FILL THIS OUT. We will be ready to receive family at 8:50 the first morning.
- A form that says they understand and agree to all of the below statements and have read the updated 2021 Vortex registration information:
- We agree and understand to be true
- – that no one in our household is showing any Covid 19 symptoms or has been in contact with anyone that has Covid 19 or is showing symptoms.
- -That no one in the household or that we have knowingly been in contact with is awaiting Covid 19 test results.
- -That no one in our household has traveled outside of the country within the last 14 days before camp.
- -That before and after care is not needed. Or if so, it’s already been set up.
- -That we are able to have close contact with your child in the case of an emergency
- -That we will monitor the child’s temperature if needed and symptoms throughout the day and the child will be sent home if any Covid symptoms arise. (Our thermometer is contactless)
- -There is a medical release form filled out if there is any medication to be administered during camp such as an epi pen for allergies.
- – If a non parent or guardian is picking up you’re child they must have photo ID and you must let us know beforehand.
- – Children and adults must be in a mask when inside the studio.
- -Anyone over 12 must show a vaccine passport
Please DO NOT park infront of the studio door as families need to come in and out. Please drive slowly in the parking lot as children and animals might be present. Please note that the driveway might be icyey.
Vortex Camp Rules and guidelines
Vortex takes safety and respect very seriously. Please go over the rules with your child before attending camp.
- Respect of yourself, our staff, the studio, the art supplies
- Safety – Never put yourself or others in harm’s way, do not:
- Run with scissors
- Aimlessly wander around the studio tent space
- Play by the pond
- Kick on the swings
- Play by the road or leave the camp area
- Squirt others with paint
- Do something continuously after another camper or staff requests that you stop
- Be disrespectful with others in any way.
- You MUST stay in the camp zone at all times unless you are being picked up or dropped off by a guardian. Or unless the group with team leaders is with you. We will not tolerate children leaving the space unattended or hiding. 2 strikes and we will have to send them home for the day.
- ● Children MUST respect social distancing rules at all times
- ● Cleaning. Always clean up after yourself after you are done a project. Leaving the space as you found it. You must clean up all of your food garbage
- ● Inside Voices. Always be respectful of others. We must use inside voices when we are in the tent. No yelling please. When asking a question or making a comment please raise your hand.
- *Always eat in view of a buddy. You must always be sitting when eating so as to not choke.
- ● Keeping our hands to ourselves. – Never hit, push or be unkind to ourselves or others
- Pets. Please do not pick up or touch the pets.
- ● Closed toe shoes must be on your feet at all times. If you are in “Fun camp” we encourage high socks because of ticks as we will be in the woods.
- -> Vortex now has a 3 strikes policy before a child will be sent home. If we do see unkind or disrespectful behaviour we will notify parents. If a child is sent home for the day we do not issue a refund.
- ● first time – though email
- ● second time – phone call
- ● third to pick up the child for the day.
★ This is to ensure a positive and safe environment for all our campers, animals and staff
Mask and Cover 19 guidelines
- We will comply with the government mandate that is relevant at the time.
- -Masks are required at all times inside when students are not eating and drinking.
- -Covid passports are required for anyone over the age of 12
Children will potentially be in group pods we will have no more then 10 campers on site and camp is in two rooms
- -Children might share a table
- -There might be sharing of some art supplies and game materials. Such as spray paint or crayons, paint.
- -We will be sanitizing and hand washing consistently throughout the day.
- -Campers will have designated art bins per person
- -We will always be following Quebec Government Covid-19 guidelines and we will adapt and change as they change.
- -At this time we do not permit anyone at camp that has had someone within the household that has traveled outside of canada within the last 14 days.
What to bring to camp: PLEASE PACK EVERYTHING ON LIST
- 2+ masks please have 1 for the day and at least 2 extras in a bag in childs back pack.
- – CLOTHING THEY CAN GET MESSY! Paint and dirst ALWAYS finds its way to nice clothing. Please note we do use acrylic paint and it DOESN’T come off clothing.
- An extra set of clothing in case something gets wet or dirty
- Slippers or indoor shoes. we wont have boots on in the studio as its to wet.
- At least 2 – Snacks for break time – Note we will not be able to help children open food or heat it up please make sure they can open containers and packages.
- A lunch
- A water bottle!!! MANDATORY
- Outdoor appropriate clothing!
- Hat, snow pants, gloves, scarf
- Optional – Noise cancelling headphones or a personal headphone music device such as an iPod to aid in personal focusing if you think it would be beneficial (Note we will not be giving access to wifi. We will also not tolerate devices being used as a toy or games being played. Devices used as a negative distraction will be taken away for the day and returned at home time. It is a focusing tool only.
- Up to 5 small personal calming items in a bag for quiet time such as a book, sketchbook, IQ game, dolly, toy, polly pocket ect.. This is what they will have access to when we have relaxation time on the blanket. These items will never be shared with other campers and must be cleaned up by the owner.
- After care children should bring items to play with at this time as we do not do art projects facilitated by staff.
Thank you so much for reviewing all the information. – The Vortex Team
Covid 19 and Refunds
Vortex requires that no one in the household has traveled outside of canada within 14 days of attending camp. If this is found to be untrue we will be unable to have the child attend camp and no refund will be issued
If anyone in your household is awaiting the results of a covid test your child attending camp must also be tested.And not attend camp until we have received a negative test. Your child must stay home from camp until you receive a negative test result. Unfortunately in this case we can not offer you a refund or credit. Or move the date. however we can offer a $40 Gift card to be used in the studio store for an art kit.
Covid – In the case of 1 positive covid result in a group the entire group must be tested and remain home for 14 days / the rest of the week. In this case unfortunately we will not be refunding camp or moving dates however we can offer a $40 Gift card for each day missed to be used in the studio store for an art kit to be porch picked up.
- In the case that the government does not allow any camp at all due to regional shut downs we will refund 50% of camp tuition upon a government closure.
- *Please note in the case of a government shut down we are unable to supply the camp art kit that is only for: positive covid cases, a child awaiting results, or a covid case in the child’s group causing shut down.
We are sorry we are not able to offer a refund or credit towards another year. We understand this policy is not ideal, however because of our unique program there are extremely high expenses and supply costs, staff prep work and covid expenses that go into running camp and if we don’t implement this policy we would not run camp at all this year. We hope that you understand.
If no government-mandated Covid shutdowns or restrictions occur. The following refund policy will apply as long as there are no Covid related shutdowns:
Refund policy unrelated to Covid government shut downs If no government-mandated Covid shutdowns or restrictions occur.
- The following refund policy will apply and apply as long as there are no Covid related shutdowns
- Cancellations: We will be offering 80% refunds minus the booking fee up to 4 weeks before camp.
- 3 weeks before camp we can offer a 50% refund. Any time after 14 days before camp unfortunately we can not offer a refund of any kind.
Please call us with any questions at all prior to booking. Please refrain from emailing questions. Stella- 416 629 6504
Before and After Camp Child Care.
- Before and after Camp Child Care will be available but MUST be booked ahead of time.There will absolutely be no staff present to watch a child unless booked ahead of time unless it is an emergency.
- Before and After care is $15/hour PER Child and must be booked TWO WEEKS before their care date. You must pay for the full hour regardless if you pick up halfway through.
- Before Care is available starting at 7:30am
- After Care is available until 5:30 pm
- -> If booking Emergency Care (same week) of camp it’s $20/hour per child (we cannot guarantee this will be available as groups cannot be mixed because of covid regulations and staffing is extremely limited and is not guaranteed).
- If childcare is needed same day without notice it is $25 an hour. We will consider this emergency care.