Summer camp 2021 information will be available March 2021
We are currently hoping that we can run summer camp 2021.
As the Covid 19 guidelines are ever changing and we always want to be in compliance and safe we are waiting to post our schedule until we have a better idea of what Covid guidelines will look like for the summer, However we understand parents need to work and need to plan so- We would like to have our schedule posted by March 2021 if posable.
What we do know-
- We will be hosting camp fully outside like last year under tents.
- We will have multiple groups that are separated.
- We will have STRONG Covid safety measures in place
- We will be running between 3-7 weeks if feasible.
- We won’t be running camp the fist week after school finishes
- We will be consulting schools to put together a safety and sanitation plan that is similar to there guidlines.
- We will be offer a new and exciting secret summer camp in addition to art camp!
- Camp will be 9:00-3:00pm with before and after care available for a fee
- We have new and exciting projects ready for camp!
- We will be even more messy then last year!
- We will be sending out pre registration to people on our mailing list before we make registration public. To be part of our mailing list please email us – Artatvortexstudio@gmail.com with title word CAMP
To get an idea of what we did at camp last year and our 2020 Covid health and safety please see the “2020 registration info” below
*please note if you see children “together” in photos they are with a sibling or in a registered pod. We required that all children stay 6 feet apart at all times unless they are registered with a “pod family” form. Due to the EXTREME heat children were only required to where a mask when using the inside washroom, or when potentially coming in close contact with another person. We are in open air outside at all times unless its a storm and we close the sides of the tent. At that time masks were required.
Dear friends of Vortex, – 2020 camp – Not photos are not from 2020
We are so happy to announce that we will be running summer camp this 2020 year at Vortex studio! This decision came after some very serious and long consideration because of COVID_19. Our main focus was making sure that we felt we could hold a safe and compliant camp, that is still stimulating and reflects the programming and activities that our beloved students are used to. We have attached more info bellow regarding new safety protocol, group sizes and available dates. Please do read this entire page before emailing us to RSVP. Sincerely Stella Pagani, Owner
Location – Vortex Studio- 903 River Side Drive, Wakefield Quebec. Backyard and walks around Wakefield village
- Camp theme – All of the art making
- Cost: $350 per week per child. HST and all supplies included.
- Discount – 5% off if you book siblings or more than one week of camp upfront
- Age – 6.5-14 – Limited weeks available to JR group please see bellow
- Time – 9:00-3:00pm After care is available upon request for a fee
- Student to adult ratio-– 7:1 per group – Maximum of 14 students on the grounds
- Councillors- Stella Pagani, Eathin Irwin, backup Support from Mathew Falvai, and a Junior counselor
- Before and after care- Available for $15 per hour. This must be booked a week before or there is an extra $5 per hour fee added.
- Language– English
- Please Note: YOUR PLACE WILL NOT BE HELD UNTIL WE GET A NEW SUMMER 2020 REGISTRATION FORM and payment. Forms can be printed off or picked up at vortex studios. They will be issued once you email us with interest for registration.
To RSVP please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416 629 6504
www.vortexstudio.ca FB & instagram: @vortexstudio —> Want to see what we are doing at camp during the day? Follow our stories on instagram to see all our cool projects @vortexstudio
All weeks will be “Vortex All of the Art Camp” this year, are you thinking of attending multiple weeks of camp? We work really hard to make unique new projects for each group. Please click the link to learn more about our signature “All of the art camp“.
—During our Art Camps, children learn a wide variety of creative skills and leave with a true understanding of art making and the creative process. They’ll learn a large variety of art fundamentals such as: Painting, drawing, collage, mixed media, pastels, crafts and much more!
— Each student will have their own kit of supplies to use during camp that is sterilized. There will be absolutely no sharing of kits unless it is between siblings.
All camp weeks are age 6.5+ unless otherwise stated bellow. Campers MUST be able to Walk around the village, Apply the 2 meter rule at all times and use a glue gun and scissors alone to be able to attend camp due to COVID.
* Do you have a younger child 5+ that has been to Vortex camp before and will have a 8+ sibling attending? We may be able to make a special exception if the older child will help their younger sibling with art projects that require physical contact. Siblings will always be seated together.
- July 6- 10th – Graffiti, mural, Public art based art week- Age 8+ (please note there will be less take home art this week as it will be dispersed into the public comity
- SOLD OUT
- July 13-17th – ALL OF THE ART CAMP – SOLD OUT
- July 20 -24-ALL OF THE ART CAMP- SOLD OUT
- July 27th-31-ALL OF THE ART CAMP-
- Group A- age 5-10- SOLD OUT
- Group B- SOLD OUT
- August 3rd MESSY MESSY ART DAY! – Only day of single day booking $100 for the day- please note this is a civic holiday-ALL OF THE ART CAMP – N/A
- August 3-7th – Murals and Public art – Sold out
- August 5-7th Short week 3 days – $230- Graffiti, mural, public art based art – Age 8+ (please note there will be less take home art this week as it will be dispersed into the public comity – SOLD OUT
- August 10-14th -ALL OF THE ART CAMP
- Group A – Age 5 -8- SOLD OUT
- Group B- 7-14 – SOLD OUT
- August 17- 21th– ALL OF THE ART CAMP SOLD OUT
- August 24-28th ALL OF THE ART CAMP 2 spots
- September 5 – Adult Art camp! – Painting & mixed media $120- SOLD OUT
- September 6th- Adult art camp – Crafts for the home- $120- SOLD OUT
- Please note– Vortex runs a extremely immersive art based camp we spend 80% of out time making creative projects.
-There will be some significant changes to our program for the 2020 season. Please see bellow:
- First being that this year’s camp will be fully run outside under tents rain or shine. We will also be taking more time this year to do more village walks and drawing and painting on location. The only inside access will be to use the restrooms in the front studio at scheduled times throughout the day. Second, being that our new ratio will be 6/7 students to 1 adult with a maximum of 12-14 campers on site at one time. (Please note that the 2 groups will be fully separate at all times to limit exposure)
- We will only be taking full week bookings this year, No single day will be available to limit exposure.
- If you would like someone else to pick up your child from camp we require a hand written and signed note or phone call before pick up time.
- Please see our updated safety procedures below
- This year we will only be doing art projects that campers can complete fully without any physical help from an adult. This is why we have raised the are to 6.5+ all campers MUST be able to use a glue gun fully by them selves.
- New pricing.
- Each week of camp will cost $350 per child. We will be offering a 5% discount if you are booking siblings or if you book more than one week of camp. We have had to apply a price increase this year due to the elevated cost of meeting new compliance and our extreme decrease in numbers. We hope that you do understand.
- Due to our extremely limited space, booking will be on a first come first serve basis only. No space will be held without an EMT payment and a signed registration form
- Cancellation Policy:–
- If you cancel prior to 3 weeks before the start of the camp, we will reimburse you fully, minus a non-refundable $100 administration fee.
- – After 3 weeks before the start of the camp, regrettably no refunds can be issued (exceptional circumstances may be taken into consideration).
- – If camp is canceled due to a Province-wide COVID closure we will reimburse you fully, minus a non-refundable $100 administration fee.
Please note: Vortex does issue receipts however we can not issue RL24 receipts as we are not a full time daycare.
Health and safety
We take health and safety extremely seriously always. Now with COVID-19 we are extremely diligent in meeting the Quebec standards. Please see our updated procedures below and feel free to call us with any questions you might have.
- -Vortex Art camp activities will be fully run outside in open air. Each group will work under their own wedding style tent that will shield from the elements.
- We will have multiple hand washing stations set up around the Vortex property. Children are encouraged to frequently wash and clean their hands.
- We have hand sanitizer readily available
- All surfaces will be sterilized thought the day
- Washrooms- We will have designated washroom breaks throughout the day. Campers will have access to the in studio washroom. Each camper will access the washroom one at a time with a councillor disinfecting the washroom between each use.
- The front studio will fully be closed off from the rest of the residence during the full duration of camp and will only ever be accessed by staff in a mask.
- All art supplies used by students will be fully disinfected before use and never shared with other campers.
- All projects that are unfinished and stored to be finished the next day will be fully disinfected before being used by the child.
- PLEASE NOTE: we will be using Lysol wipes, aerosol spray and spirits cleaner, as well as a bleach based product to clean and disinfect surfaces.
- – upon entrance to camp in the morning we will be taking campers temperatures. Any sign of fever we will deny entry for the sake of all campers and staff. We require all families to keep children home if anyone in the family has any signs of COVID-19 or has had contact with anyone with known symptoms.
- Campers will each have their own designated chairs and table for the full week of camp.
- Campers will have their own personal Tupperware and art supplies to utilize during the week that will not be shared with any other camper unless it’s a sibling. The Tupperware will be used to store all their belongings and projects throughout the week. Things that do not fit will be brought home at the end of day.
- This year we will only be doing art projects that campers and complete fully without physical help from an adult.
- Campers will each have a customized 6 foot social distancing walking stick to help them visualize their personal space. We will also have ground markings.
- Campers are welcome to bring 5 small personal items and a grass blanket in a bag that they can access at quiet time. This can be left in their “zone” for the week.
- We will have a private changing room set up outside if campers would like to play in the sprinkler or should need to change for any reason.
- If we have a student with covid symptoms we have a disinfected isolation tent for the student. Equipped with a full COVID kit and mask for the child.
- We will have more breaks between projects this year as to not over-stimulate children.
- Please note that we will be taking all possible safety measures but as we are dealing with children we are aware that there is a margin of unpredictability so we are respectively saying “come at your own risk”
- All staff will be trained in strict sanitation and safety guidelines. We will always follow the 2 meter rule unless there is an emergency and in that case we will follow first aid training and be in PPE equipment.
- All staff will have aprons equipped with all PPE equipment to be used if there is a need for any close contact.
- Face shields are encouraged for staff but we are sensitive that we will always be in open air and there will be extreme heat. The 6 meter rule will always be followed.
- All staff will have their temperature taken in the morning and if showing any signs of COID will be replaced by another on call staff. All Vortex Staff are extremely sensitive to the fact that they are working during a pandemic and health and safety is taken into consideration in their professional and personal life.
Thank you for considering Vortex Studio for summer camp. We really work hard to show you children an amazing time with great memories while still taking health and safety seriously.
Hope to see you soon!
Stella Pagani – Vortex Studio owner
*Please note if you see children “together” in photos they are with a sibling or in a registered pod. We required that all children stay 6 feet apart at all times unless they are registered with a “pod family” form. Due to the EXTREME heat children were only required to where a mask when using the inside washroom, or when potentially coming in close contact with another person. We are in open air outside at all times unless its a storm and we close the sides of the tent. At that time masks were required.